Friday, January 7, 2011

Spin Burger

A friend, boyfriend, and I went to Spin Burger in Midtown tonight. For those of you who don't know, the Midtown Bistro was turned into Spin Burger. Knowing and having gone to the other Bistros, I decided that I wanted to check this place out, so I did... with a friend and my boyfriend.

The place is cool. The seating sucks. You're really close to other people (as in practically sharing a table... that shit don't fly so well with me). The service was slow. Really slow. Maryann and I were waiting for Randy, so we decided to order our drinks (a soda and a water) and some sweet potato fries. That took a while to get to us. When the fries came, though, they were really freakin' good, so that was a plus. Maryann and I chatted, and the problem with the damn shared seating was that a lot of people (EIGHT PEOPLE) kept asking for our chair. By the last person who asked us, Maryann and I just said "NO!" to the "can we use that chair?"

Randy came and ordered his soda and we all decided to order then. Nothing major. We actually just had two of their "Spin Burgers" which, from my understanding of the menu, was their standard, and Maryann had a garden burger. Cool. That also took a long time to get. A really long time. Our drinks didn't get refilled quickly enough, and by that I mean that the glasses were empty for quite some time. The waiter came to apologize for taking so long, but we were having fun chatting and whatnot so whatever. We found it kind of odd that the place went from being a Bistro, with pretty good service, to a simple burger joint with terrible service (terrible as in slow, because the servers, hosts, etc. are really nice).

The food, I will say, is good. The burgers were good. Messy, but good. I mean, fuck, it's a burger. The fries are way too greasy. I mean, dude, I totally get that they're FRIES, but c'mon, there's a limit.

The place is loud, and I don't know why because the music wasn't loud... it was something I can't explain. So if you want a romantic date, forget it. And the food is fucking expensive for a burger joint. If you're cheap, forget it, too.

Okay, I would recommend this place if you're just out for the hell of it. If you have all night to just sit, chat, and take pictures, come here. If you're not on a tight budget, come here. If you want a good burger, definitely come here because they truly are good burgers. Do NOT, by any means, come here if you just say, "Oh hey! Let's go get a burger before the movie!" because you're going to miss your movie and you're gonna be pissy.

Randy, Maryann, and I went for coffee afterwards, so you know we weren't in a hurry to get anywhere. I think that the service didn't bother us as much because we had all night and screwing around Midtown was all we really planned on doing. I think that if we had something planned, such as a movie, we'd be bothered by the slow service. I expected the place to be expensive, so eh, I wasn't as bothered by that. Still, at least include the fucking fries. The burger was good, though!

I went online to check out the reviews beforehand, and I now understand them. At first I thought people were being way too harsh. I know a lot of people exaggerate on how sloooowwwww the service was. I'm usually pretty lax about it, but hot damn, this WAS slow.

You know, it was a good experience with good food. If you want a place to just sit, chat, catch up, take pictures, waste time, etc., go there. The food is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The garden burger was hand-made too! It was really really delicious. But I don't see myself going out of my way to mid-town to eat there again. Sorry Spin Burger :(