Monday, May 24, 2010

Le Mans Race, Monterey, and Life

The Le Mans race was absolutely fantastic. Here I was, always saying, "No, no! I will never go to a car race!" and look at me. I was there for a 6-hour race and enjoyed it! Granted, this wasn't a NASCAR race (I don't know how I could handle that) and some of these cars were beyond impressive in speed, their ugliness, and how amazingly skilled their drivers are. It was an experience. The race was great overall. Lots of excitement between one of the cars that I wanted to win (it looked like a Predator, so I chose it), and between a Porsche and either a Corvette or a BMW - I can't remember who was fighting with the Porsche at the very end. The car I really liked (re: Predator) was down a lap, then caught up, had to go in the pits, was 30-ish seconds behind, then as he was catching up and was around 22 seconds behind, his motor blew. Damn! So it was the Patron car on his own. I gotta say, that was some extremely impressive driving.

We checked into the hotel and went to Bubba Gump's for dinner. I haven't been to that place since I went to Pebble Beach in 2007! The service was a bit of a dud at first but the staff apologized and got on their game. The food, as usual was great, and the company, my boyfriend, was even better.

To the hotel we went. We watched some TV and fell asleep. It was a good day!

We slept in a bit and got ready to head into Monterey. We went into a Monterey Bay Aquarium and I saw some lovely, lovely fish! This has only been my second time to that place and the first wasn't a great experience, so I enjoyed this visit to an unknown level. We saw some big tuna, the penguin feeding (cutest things ever!), their sea otters playing, some flamingoes, sea horses, turtles, and so much more. We stayed there for FOUR hours and I enjoyed every moment of it. We went out to the observatory and I took a picture of Randy and me. Ah, what it's like to take a picture with someone who actually cares about you, who is so happy and treats you well. Absolute bliss, I must admit.

After four hours of me going "ooh, ah!" over fish and random sea life, we walked a bit and sat by the ocean. It was windy as hell but beautiful. We then got into the car and drove by the beaches, where, again, it was windy as can be but absolutely gorgeous and impressive! The waves were huge! We saw some surfers and life guards training, a guy on a three-wheeled bike being pulled by a kite, a wedding, photographers doing their job and taking photos of people on the flower beds... everything was gorgeous.

After such an amazing trip, we went home. Everything was so perfect. I'm glad I went to my first Le Mans race and enjoyed it a lot. The time I spend with my boyfriend and the awesome new things he's introduced me to are so much fun!

My life has gotten so full of joy!

No comments: