Friday, May 21, 2010

Finals, Crit Practice, and a Margarita

I had my last two finals yesterday. Funny, it's over in an instant. After all of the work, stress, and freaking out because you think you're going to fail everything, then you'll drop out of school, become a hobo, and nothing will ever help your poor, lost soul, it's all over. I turned in my Women's History finals into the History department at CSUS, then I went to my Anthropology class. We had two hours to do the exam. Of course, some people don't take the whole time. A few people and I got out of our seats after ten minutes. Yeah, that's how long it was.

After ten minutes, all the freaking out and stress were over. Let the summer begin!

So, after that I took my two books to get sold. $24 for books that cost twice as that, but hey, at least I get something back. I refuse to let books that I will never use rot in my bookshelf. After that, I went home, took a nap, and got ready for Crit practice with Team Revolutions.

Crit practice was great! I actually felt confident in my cornering (though sometimes I was a bit nervous, but I kept my line so I wouldn't do any stupid mistakes), and my sprints felt great. Riding in a group is feeling a lot better, but that's why my team, and I know how my team rides. I'm sure a Crit won't be too bad, but I still get nervous. Then again, I was really nervous when I first got on my bike, my first team ride, and my first cornering clinic, so I'm sure that this is something else that will be crossed off of my "nervous list." I won't be doing a Crit until AFTER the Death Ride, just in case I crash (haha!).

Afterward, some of the guys decided that they were going to ride the circuit, so I went with them. It's a fun one! Too bad I won't be racing this weekend, it all looks great, but I'll be going to my first car race every! I believe it's a Lomond race, but I'm not sure of what they're all called. I know that they turn both ways, go very fast, and it's not NASCAR. I'll learn, I promise! I'm excited, though!

Them after the ride, my boyfriend took me to Mexquite to celebrate the end of the semester, where I had one margarita and it was enough for me! Especially after crit practice. What a good margarita! I don't drink often because of my training, so it tasted even better (haha!). Then had a tostada salad and came home, took a shower, and vegged around.

It was a great day. The end of school, a nap, Crit practice, and an awesome margarita and dinner with my boyfriend. This weekend will be fantastic! I'm extremely excited!

No comments: