Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Well, it's Thanksgiving. I could have sworn that this year was shorter than past years. Every year seems to go by faster. Whatever.

I decided that I wanted to write this because I have a lot to be thankful for. Even though there have been some really hard moments, there's always something good in them. I don't want to seem like an ungrateful prick and I want to give thanks to those who have been so awesome in my life.

- My parents. They've been there for me in the best of times and the worst of times. They've been the support and discipline that has shaped me into the person I am now. I know that my most recent decision scared them at first (Master Plan... I may explain that once it's actually settled), but what good parents wouldn't be nervous when their child, no matter what age, drops that news onto them? They thought about it, saw my point of view, and realized that it's a good move for me and supported a very difficult decision.

- My best friends, Asa and Frank, and non-intimate life-partner, Dan. When I need help, someone to lean on, or a shoulder to cry on, they're there, and they know exactly how to put a smile on my face within minutes. They also put up with my shenanigans. A lot of my shenanigans. I'm sure they know that I'll always be there for them whenever they need me.

- My bike for keeping me sane and in shape.

- Socks.

- Puppies. They're so cute!

- My hockey family. What would I do without them? Without them, there would be no drunken movie night shenanigans or fun hockey games to go to!

- My horse for being the best thing that ever happened to me.

- Even though I had to say good-bye to my dog, Sierra, I'm thankful that I was able to have her as a best friend for 14 years. She was an amazing dog. No one will replace her.


- I'm thankful that I was smart enough to realize that burning some bridges is a good thing. 

- Cupcakes.

- All of the amazing people in my life.

- Coffee.

- Cuddle Puddles :)

- The people I've met through cycling and the people I have yet to meet. 

- Electric blankets, because I definitely love them in the winter. 

Okay, I know this is just a bullet-point entry and there's not a lot of pictures on it, but I've got food to eat and the people I'm supposed to entertain are going to get here soon, so I should probably get dressed and make myself look somewhat decent. I have a lot more to be thankful for, though. Just because I didn't mention it/them doesn't mean that I'm not thankful for it/them. Thank you, to everyone, for making my life so awesome!

Just so you don't think I didn't try at all, here's a picture of a turkey:


You're welcome. 

No comments: