Thursday, November 8, 2012

So Far in the Off Season

I haven't really had much to write about. My race season is over, so there are no reports for me to write. I've been working the Sac CX races, which have been going well and Rodeo 'Cross has started. It's been fun. I got the sickness from hell and was down for two weeks. In fact, the first five days of this illness were horrible. I was bed ridden. If I attempted to get up, my vision would black out. This made for trips to the bathroom a lot of fun, especially in the middle of the night.

The illness has mostly gone away. I have an annoying cough that won't leave me alone, but I've been able to ride my bike. Very little efforts cause a lot of pain. That sucks. I never knew my lungs could actually get sore. Either way, after two weeks of no riding at all, I was happy to be back on the bike, even if it's extremely slow and pathetic.
See how happy I look?
Aside from being sick, I've been mountain biking a lot more. Enough so that I actually see an improvement in my skills and don't crash every 20 feet.


I've also been adequately hydrating before a ride, 


During a ride,


And after a ride,



I've also carved pumpkins for the first time in my life and made myself look creepy as fuck for Halloween, which we all celebrated at Rodeo Cross since Halloween fell on a Wednesday this year.

I was the only over-dressed female that night.

I've also been working a lot by teaching lessons and riding horses. My horse is doing well, though this whole roller coaster of a temperature we've been having has been making his arthritis act up. That's okay, though; it's easily fixable with nice and steady exercise. I've also been planning a lot for my future. If the "master plan" doesn't work, I'm going for the "not so master plan but it'll still take me to my goal" plan. I'll talk about the Master Plan once I know if it's going to work out. For now, I'm going to leave you in suspense. 
I'm not sure why he has that look...

I've been meeting awesome people.



Work and fun has been at a happy balance right now. So hooray. It'll be more fun when I'm over-scheduled again, but for now I'll enjoy having the fun. 

I'm now a CAT 3 road racer. Go me!



And that's that. Work, training, work, and fun have been my life right now. We'll see what these next few weeks bring. Send me the positive Master Plan vibes; I'll need 'em! I'll be sure to actually update more often.


No comments: