Monday, March 1, 2010

Skills Clinic

Team Revs' Mike and John held a skills clinic for the race team. It was pretty awesome! I was terrified of cornering and I'm not very experienced with pacelines, but now that I completed the clinic, I feel a lot more confident. Due to not having depth perception, it's a lot harder for me to judge where the turn starts and how far away the rider in front of me in a paceline is, but I think that with time, I'll be able to do it as if it were a 6th sense. I mean, if I could jump 3'3" on my horse with no depth perception (I never got a disability card from the US Equestrian Org. since I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let me jump because of my eye sight), I think I can ride in a paceline and ride in a pack. I'm getting more confident.

Some of the race team members went on a ride before the skills clinic started, so I joined in. It was a lot of fun and I was happy that I was able to keep up with the faster group for the most part! I need to get pushed... and I think I'm on the right track.

Sweet!

No comments: