Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Finals Week: The Little Random Things


Little random things always happen. I just got done with an 85 question final and have a 5-hour break before my next final, which is an easy one. 

We're always so busy thinking of the crappy moments that we forget to give credit to the good ones. It's finals week, so we're all stressed. You walk into the library and I'm pretty sure we're all a term paper away from jumping into the river (eh, it's been warm. Shouldn't be too bad). While some crappy things have happened (I can't believe the betrayal that I have experienced!), so many good, funny, and random things have happened as well! Here's a weird story for you. 

A guy walks up to me as I'm getting my stuff ready in my truck and says, "I know this is going to sound really weird, but do you happen to have a wire hanger with you? I locked my keys in my car."
"Umm... I don't know. Let me check." I looked and didn't think I had one, so I said "Sorry. Good luck." So I went to buy a parking pass. As I was buying a parking pass for the day, a girl walks up to me and give me hers since she's done for the day. I've done this several times. Then I think, eh, I'll look again. Maybe I'll have something he can use to unlock his car. Look, look, look. Nothing. Look under the driver's seat. Well what do you know... I found a hanger. I go up to him, "It's really weird that I found this but here you go."
"Oh my goodness you're amazing! Thank you so much." Guy's face lit up like no other. It was pretty awesome. 

It's little things that help make a stressful day... stressful WEEK... better. Giving someone a parking pass that you're no longer going to use, finding random objects in your truck (seriously, wtf?) to help someone get their keys out of their car, watching someone's stuff in the library while they go to the restroom, being called beautiful by the owner of the Pho restaurant (I'm going to miss that place the most), etc. It's not hard to not be an asshole. People should do this more. 

Now... off to study for finals #5 and #6 of 6. Almost done...

1 comment:

Fancy Nancy said...

doing nice things are much better than alternative
love the Jim's Mom !